Sunday, March 19, 2017

Just For You

{judy} One of my favorite "old" techniques is Direct to Paper, where your ink pad goes right on the paper for a fun, different kind of look.
I used two distress inks and stamped the cubes directly on to my watercolor paper in a geometric design, then spritzed the paper with water. After that was dry, I stamped my sentiment with VersaMark ink and embossed with Pearlized Amethyst EP. 
I added Gold Metallic Baker's Twine as fringe on both sides for embellishment to this comtemporary, mixed media card. In retrospect, it would have looked fun all the way down one side too. All my layers, and the fringe, are held together with Scor-Tape. There are many ways to use the Direct to Paper technique, with many different looks. If you have never tried it before, take a look at this tutorial. Have a great Sunday! 

No comments :

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear what you have to say