Sunday, August 7, 2016

Beautiful Things

{judy} Don't you love these flowers? The photo colors are a little dark, but these Wild Orchid Open Roses and Trellis Roses are my favorite! The beautiful vintage colors (these are purple and taupe) are perfect for a vintage shabby chic look! You can find the roses I used HERE and HERE.


My "tin type" panel is made from attaching a piece of heavy weight tin foil to cardstock (I used a liquid glue), allowing to dry, and then embossing with an embossing folder. Once embossed, I took a stylus and scored in half each direction for a tin type look, then added some subtle purple color sponged on with alcohol inks.

I added some beautiful 7/8" Brown Satin Ribbon and made a simple single loop bow using my Bow It All Tool and finished off a pearl spray. Everything is held in place with 1/4" Scor-Tape.

Who knew that Reynolds Wrap would look so amazing on a card?

Thanks for stopping by today!




2 comments :

  1. I just love your colors and the Reynolds Wrap looks amazing on this card. Just stunning and love the vintage look. Hugs Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my this card is a work of art! The flowers, ribbon, textures and the faux tin tile all come together beautifully. A clever idea gluing the foil to the card sock for stability. Well done tfs

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say