Saturday, May 7, 2016

Altered Gift Basket and Tag for Baby Girl

Woooo Hoooo! It's the weekend!

Here in the United States we are celebrating Mother's Day tomorrow, so I thought it would be fun to share a little project I made for our neighbor who is expecting her second little girl anytime in the next week.

I started with an old fruit basket that hubby & I found on one of our adventures antiquing.  A coat of acrylic paint, sponging with a few more, then several squirts of different shades of glimmer mist, and I was ready to decorate!
The edges were trimmed with a ruffled crepe paper border topped with Priscilla white crochet lace and  wild rose grosgrain ribbon. the same wild rose grosgrain also formed the bow, when combined with  pink burlap string.  You can see that I also used the grosgrain and burlap string on the tag to continue the theme.

The flower cluster is formed with a pink chrysanthemum, pink aster daisies, and sweetheart blossoms, a mini sweetheart blossom decorates the tag.

The basket is filled with diaper bag sized essentials every new mom will need, and she loved it when I delivered it several days ago! :)

Happy Mother's Day to all of you moms out there! :)

Don't forget our current challenge going on, too!

If you would like more details about this project, feel free to stop by my blog, "Just Coffee Please..."

3 comments :

  1. This is so sweet. I love the idea you took a fruit carton and decorated it and then placed in baby stuff inside. I also love the little baby card you created. Cute!!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say