Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Nesting Instincts





                  Happy Tuesday to you all!   I have a sweet little rustic pincushion for you made for Really Reasonable Ribbon.  I have loved anything to do with birds and nests for many years.  Maybe because I feel I have that nesting instinct in common with the birdies.   This time of year I like to freshen things up inside the house....clean and spruce things up.   So with nesting in mind, this little pincushion's base is a bird's nest.  I adhered some old muslin cloth filled with cotton batting to it and layered it with a vintage doily.  From there I wrapped 2 1/2 inch Cotton blend ribbon around it and tied a big chunky bow to the top.  I added some embellies....such as wood spools wrapped with more cotton blend plain ribbon and than added twill tape and some white seam binding.  I inked here and there for some aging.  I added a couple of little eggs to the top and was done!  I love the soft neutrals and rustic chic quality to this!  Hope you enjoy, Cherry

2 comments :

  1. This is so adorable Cherry! I love how you nestled it into an actual birds nest. What a wonderful idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful and adorable at the same time. I love all the things you used for it and the colors especially. Glad i popped over to see what's new on the blog today!! Hugs from Teresa

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say