Sunday, December 7, 2014

Merry Winter Birds


Hello, Friends!  Kathy here, with a set of Merry Winter Bird cards that are perfect for holiday decor or a special card gift.  I love watching the winter birds at our feeder.  It seems their colors are even brighter than usual against the often grey backdrop of winter skies.  The feeder on our back deck has been dubbed "The Bird Circus" because the antics of these hungry birds are often quite humorous to behold.  As the birds have returned this season, I was inspired to work with some gorgeous Merry Winter Bird digital images from Polly's Paper Etsy. I think you are going to love them!



This first card is adorned with sweet Aqua Plaid Ribbon and the soft sheen of Iridescent White Metallic String.  I love the way these pull out the soft blue background in the collage image.  I've also topped it with a star stick pin and some festive Bead Berry Sprays. The white ones are out of stock at the moment, but Bonnie will have more soon. And I think the pink ones would look very pretty with this card, don't you? My little wrapped packages beneath the tree were made with some paper scraps and topped with Gold Metallic String and now they are all ready for Christmas!


I framed this cutaway card with burlap and black metallic cardstock to give it a rustic feel.  I love the way the Black Plaid ribbon grounds the image.  I've added more berry sprays and a trio of Red Cottage Roses to emphasize the focal.  


This precious little nest has been embossed with antique gold embossing powder.  Once again, I've used that wonderful gold metallic string to add just the right touch of shimmer to the focal. This Rust and Ivory Plaid Ribbon is the perfect match for this card.  I have used this ribbon over and over again in my Christmas and fall projects this year.  It's a favorite of mine!


I've saved my favorite card for last.  This regal bird is perched on snowy branches and crowned with shimmering poinsettias and clusters of Red Bead and Berry Sprays.  Bonnie is out of these in the shop right now, but will have more soon.  You could easily substitute the gold berries and it would look wonderful with the red and burlap panels.  Speaking of burlap, I made a luscious bow using Red Burlap Center Stitch Ribbon to finish off this card.  I love the texture and rustic feel it adds. 

Do you have a feeder for the winter birds in your yard?  I find it really calms me to sit with a hot cup of tea and watch them on a chilly winter day.  Each season has its own special joys...and for me, the merry winter birds bring cheer and joy to this one. 

Thanks for stopping by!
Cheerio,
kathy



4 comments :

  1. These are all SO pretty Kathy. I'm with you -- I love watching the birds at my feeders.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy these are just breathtakingly beautiful!!!!! I love them all...what a great team we make.....so long as you are the one to make all the flowers lol! Hugs and Luv from your B.O.L.B.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say