Saturday, January 25, 2014

Valentine Banner Tutorial

 
Hi all...it's Ginny here to share a sweet little banner I created with lots of bits and pieces from my Valentine scrap and salvage box.
This banner was so easy to make. The hardest part was getting my Cricut down from the top shelf - lol.
I started with Random Sweetheart Cherries Grosgrain Ribbon.  I used my Scor-Buddy to create these pleated  1 1/2 inch wide strips of book page. Walnut Distress ink gave the outside edge a nice detail. With hot glue I attached it to the flat side of the ribbon.
Here is the other half on the bottom. Notice how it's not even remotely straight???? lol...That's how I roll with the glue gun.
Pretty doily donated by friend Bobbie. 
Add a red cardstock circle to the front.
Now layer on two folded lengths of Red Plaid Ribbon.
This circle is off-white...I inked it also.
I finished off the center banner section with a sweet little glittered heart image with a cherub, ticket, and tiny red clothespin.
This side has a little love letter with clip and a very glittery letter I.
This little heart text block was just a bit too wide...so I threaded it through the U and added another clip.
I think it turned out pretty cute.  Maybe I'll hang it on my Hubbies bathroom mirror for Valentine's day. Or......I can hang it up in the shop as part of the seasonal decor lol.
I hope you all enjoy a happy and productive day and find some time to be creative : ) G

4 comments :

  1. I love banners for different holidays and this one is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Squeal! I love this. Love, love, love! I need to make one of these with the grand girls....they will flip. You really are the totes ma goats! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say