Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Easy Cupcake Presentation With Blue Hawaii Cupcake Recipe





Hi Everyone!
True :D here.
Welcome to day 5 of our "Recipe Swap and Food Packaging Week"!

For thoes of you who don't know, I create digital stamps and lately have been doing some fun cupcake wrappers. 
Bonnie suggested that I feature my wrappers during this special week, so I thought I would show you a very simple way to decorate and present a cupcake.
This would be a great little gift for a teacher, mailman, paper boy, or just about anyone!

This is what the gift looks like all prettied up with Double Band Teal Satin/Grosgrain ribbon.



I simply put the cupcake in one of my digital "Snowflake Cupcake Wrappers", dropped it in a clear Dixie cup then down in a clear treat bag. Add a tag from the digi set and the pretty ribbon and you have a cupcake worthy of gift giving!

Here is my digi set.
It is available for instant download for just $2.50!
 I was very excited to see that Wilton makes blue snowflake sprinkles.
I have seen them in almost all stores I have been in lately!
This is what my cupcake looked like after a little taste testing. Mmmmm nummm yummy!


I wanted a blue cupcake to match my wrappers so I went looking for a recipe and found one called Blue Hawaii. While that recipe looks great, I wanted something a little faster so I came up with my own recipe made with a cake mix and added a few extra ingredients.

Here is my version of the Blue Hawaii cupcake.

True's Blue Hawaii Cupcakes
1 White cake mix prepared as directed using the egg white version.
Add the following:
 1 small can of crushed pineapple that has been drained VERY well.
1 cup shredded coconut
1 tsp. coconut extract
2 or 3 drops of blue food coloring
Fold to incorporate added ingredients then bake as directed on package.

Cool, then frost with pre-made Whipped White Frosting then sprinkle with coconut and optional snowflake sprinkles .

Yes, I cheated and took the easy route, but they sure turned out yummy!
Now if you'll excuse me...I have a cupcake to finish!  LOL!

Have a sweet day!

Hugs,

6 comments :

  1. how fabulous do these look? Love it x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh i am in "BLUE" heaven-that word keeps coming back to me, like a bouncing ball!
    I love your wrappers and that recipe sounds divine.
    Always enjoy your shares True

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks SOOOOO yummy!!! I'm going to try it! And I have a whole spool of that ribbon, it's one of my faves! Looks great with your cupcake! :-)

    -Emily
    http://www.createserendipity.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. It figures true, that you would come up with the cutest blue cup cake! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Beautiful and SO yummy looking. I love how vibrant the color of the cake is and the packaging matches perfectly. Now I want a Blue Hawaiian. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet! What a delicious tree True! And I love your cupcake wrappers - they are adorable! Love the way you have packaged this little blue piece of heaven :)

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say