Saturday, June 12, 2010

Military Braid Video Tutorial

Please click here to go to our 1st Challenge- Create something Masculine. You could win a gift certificate to the store.

Hi everyone and Happy Saturday!!!! I'm filling in for Trudy today and I finally have the military weave video tutorial that I promised you last month.

This is my first (and possibly last - lol) video tutorial, so please be nice! :o)

It's a bit long, but I edited out everything I could. Please take a look and let me know what you think. If anything needs further explanation I'd be happy to help you out.





I think the ribbon flower that Robbie just shared with us a couple of days ago would be perfect to use on the flip flops in place of the bows. Iwona's ribbon roses made with double ruffle ribbon word work great too.

Go grab some ribbon out of your stash and give the military braid a try. If you are a ribbon club member, the yellow and lime striped grosgrain in our June assortment (shown below) would be great for flip flops.



If you are not a Monthly Ribbon Club member yet, this is the perfect month to join!

We have lots of great 3/8" ribbon styles on our Really Reasonable Ribbon website if you are looking for something special.


I'd love to see what you create with your military braid. Be sure to send us pictures!

~Bonnie~

5 comments :

  1. Hi. The video is fun to watch; great job. I used to do that braid for my now grown daughter when young...had forgotten about it. Will have to figure out how to incorporate it into a Layout. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGosh! You make this look so easy! I am going to have to give it a shot now! Thanks so much for the awesome tutorial!
    Hugs,
    True :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Love Love it. Now I'm off to try it. You did a wonderful job Bonnie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen Whitney6/13/10, 2:49 PM

    thanks...I had been waiting for this!!! Can't wait to give it a try....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great video tutorial! I will have to try this sometime.
    Kindest regards,
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say