Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Last Minute Valentine Tips and Tricks

Hello, Ribbon Lovers! I'm back today with more Schoolhouse Vintage Valentine Cards and Tags. With the Day of Love just a week away, I know we are all looking for some last minute Valentines that are quick and easy to make. But we also want them to look great, right? So these little cards and tags come together in about 20 minutes each, but look like you spent hours and hours on them. That's a win/win in my book!


 

How cute are these Schoolhouse Vintage Valentine cards and tags? Once again, I used the Schoolhouse Vintage Valentine digital download from Polly's Paper Etsy Shop and paired them up with some fabulous ribbons and flowers from Really Reasonable Ribbon.

Tips and Tricks for Making Quick Cards

 

 There are some simple tricks I use when I need to make a quick card that I thought you might find helpful:
  • Keep a file full of scrap papers that you've cut to measure 4" x 6". I have mine organized in a bin by color. That way, I can just reach in and grab papers that go well with my images and quickly cut them to fit my card base. It's a huge time saver, and a great way to use up your scraps.
  • Keep an ephemera file for small tickets, tags, and other goodies that you can layer in with your papers. I have a small bin that is full of little bits and pieces I've salvaged.
  • Be prepared! Tie a bunch of neutral bows and store them for future use. This black and white houndstooth plaid is one of my favorite ribbons. It goes with everything and ties beautifully. I always tie an extra single or double loop bow and then toss it in a little container. That way, the work is already done for me when I'm in a hurry!
  • Don't worry about matting each layer. Since these cards are more simple, maybe just mat the focal image to make it stand out. This will save loads of time!

Make a Tag!

 

Another trick that I use when I'm in a hurry is to make a little tag. Instead of packing my scraps away in the scrap drawer (aka "the land Kathy forgot") I'll make a quick little tag and pop on a pre-tied bow. This grey plaid ribbon is another favorite of mine. The neutral color goes with so many different palettes..and always looks great with pink.  

Don't have any pre-tied bows? Add flowers for texture!  

This sheer white organza is another ribbon that I use quite often. Again, it's a neutral so it goes with everything. The real bonus here is the texture and shimmer it adds to a project. 

So there you have it! A few tips and trick that will have you cranking out super cute cards in a flash! I hope I shared some ideas that you'll be able to use. I'd love to hear if you have any tips or tricks that you use to make cute cards in a hurry. 

 Thanks for stopping by!

Cheerio,

kathy

Save Save

1 comment :

  1. Love your gorgeous cards Kathy and enjoyed seeing them on your blog too!! Your Grandmother's button assortment is to die for and am wondering if some of these were from there! Super fun when you have such great buttons!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say