Tuesday, July 19, 2016

From Owl of Us

Hello there all,

It's Deborah here up on the blog today. Hope you had a great weekend. My weekend was pretty good.  I had my granddaughter over and visited with my kids. :D  and got some crafting done. 

I created this Happy Birthday card for my Really Reasonable Ribbon Blog post today using this month July monthly club assortment "Pink and Purple".  
Such a beautiful ribbon collection.

If you love ribbon and creating things with it, I suggest you join the monthly ribbon club. You will love getting a new ribbon selection every month, It's like Christmas. lol 

Well, here is my card and everything I used to create it with a small photo tutorial. 

First I used the following ribbon on the rosette - 5/8"Geranium Pink Taffeta Ribbon
I have been meaning to do a tutorial but I thought a few still shots might be good too. I plan on doing a tutorial with next months ribbons so stay tuned. :D 

Place some double sided adhesive on your paper and cut a circle (any size you decide). Then you want to pleat the ribbon going along the edge of the circle, it also reminds me like when you are fluting a pie crust. I get the middle of my ribbon and start pleating, I try to stay in the middle of the ribbon all the way around the circle but sometimes it gets a little wonky. With the double adhesive you can unravel and redo it. You can also use hot glue but be careful not to burn yourself and I am not sure if you can unravel the ribbon if you need to (I used the double adhesive cause I am always burning my fingers. lol )

Second photo: Once you reach the end of your circle cut your ribbon.

Get some glue and adhere. My favorite glue is glitter art glue. It's sticks great and dries pretty quickly.


For the front of the card I used 5/8"Lattice Print Satin Ribbon Geranium Pink
So here is the rosette all finished. I used a circle scallop punch and adhered it on top and then added my "happy birthday" on top of the that with the stickles out lining the words for some bling. :D 

Here is a close up.
I just love that the ribbons are so cheery, perfect for a girls birthday card. 
I used my  Bow-it-All V3.0 Tool to make the little bow 3/8"Wildflower Grosgrain Ribbon
that is such a cute little ribbon to have in your collection if you like flowers. 

For the inside of the card I did a little pocket with a tag showing all the owls on a tree limb. I thought I would write "From Owl of Us". :D and stick a little gift card in the back.  For the pocket and tag I used these ribbons. 3/8"Geranium Checkerboard Satin Ribbon3/8"Diamond Satin Hyacinth and used a punch to make my scallop edge on the pocket. 

  
Thanks so much for stopping by today and taking a look at my card creation. 
Hugs and Wishing you all a great week
Deborah xxx

2 comments :

We'd love to hear what you have to say