Sunday, June 30, 2013

Journey of a Lifetime

It's Tracey here to share a layout featuring Really Reasonable Ribbon. It's so hard to believe that it's the last day of June already!! I hope you are staying cool. 

Our son, Joseph, met the girl of his dreams in Rachel. It is amazing how well suited they are for each other. Rachel is a wonderful pastor's wife and helps him in his ministry. They also run an home based business together. This fun photo was taken during a photo shoot when they became engaged. We went to a park and Joseph coaxed Rachel into this wooden train. It's just the beginning of a journey that I pray lasts a long and beautiful lifetime together. 

"Journey of a Lifetime"



Close-Ups:

Banner and Ribbon ~ I love to combine distressed paper banners with gorgeous ribbons like I did here to mix up the textures and add dimension. First I cut the paper banners, distressed the edges, wet, and crinkled up the paper. After allowing them to dry, I opened and kind of flattened out the flags. 

Next I selected these gorgeous ribbons from Really Reasonable Ribbon to pair up with this banner. First, I selected the Cream Mesh Ribbon. This is one of my favorites in Bonnie's store. I love the shabby, stringy texture. I cut a length of ribbon just a little shorter than the paper flags. This ribbon is held together by clear thread, so I pulled out the thread from one end to fray. Then I cut down the center of the ribbon, carefully cutting between two threads. I also cut off the edges that have the clear plastic strand running through them. This left me with two gorgeous frayed ribbons which I adhered atop the flags. Next I selected the Ivory Sheer Box Pleats Ribbon. I just adore the shimmer this sheer ribbon adds to a project!! I just snipped off two pieces and adhered them among the other ribbons and paper banner flags. Scor-Tape is my go to adhesive of choice for adhering ribbon. 

Here's another close-up of the flowers showing the gorgeous ribbon below.

If you are looking to purchase ribbon, be sure to stop by our Really Reasonable Ribbon Store to see Bonnie's amazing selection of ribbon, lace, natural fibers, and more . . .

Thanks for stopping by today! If you would like to see more close-ups and additional tips and techniques from this page, please stop by my blog, Garden of Grace.

6 comments :

  1. Absolutely Beautiful Layout of your Son & Daughter in law! Love the details on this layout hun!! You did a beautiful job and a beautiful story to go along with it!!!
    Hugs,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say